If they can't learn the way we teach,
we teach the way they learn.
WHO WE ARE:
Van Wert School at the Goedde serves students in grades 6-12 from the Van Wert, Crestview, Lincolnview, and Parkway school districts. We offer the opportunity for students to learn in a unique setting more suited to their learning style.
The Goedde recognizes that in order to be successful, students need support from both home and school. We have created strong partnerships with students, parents, community resources, and mental health supports which empower the vision of our school. Collectively, we are creating an environment that is not about punishment but rather discovering alternatives to learning and managing life choices. We are unwavering in our goal to create excellence in instruction that is evidenced in a school where safety, respect, accountability, and support are expected.
The classrooms at the Goedde are not your typical classrooms. Our goal here is to provide students with a meaningful learning environment that provides them with independent living and employability skills. Volunteerism is an extremely important piece of what makes the Goedde special, and our students have several opportunities to get out of the classroom and help others through local community service initiatives. Focus groups will become an integral part of our building for the remainder of the year, providing support for academics, mental health, life skills, career planning, and employability skills.
- To teach the way students learn, teaching the "unteachable" and reaching the "unreachable".
- To be an excellent school.
- To ensure 100% of all Goedde students have a career plan/direction upon graduation, whether their focus is career readiness and/or post-secondary education.
- To ensure 100% of all Goedde students demonstrate academic growth and the ability to make informed decisions.
- To embrace and embed the Van Wert City School district's mission, vision, and values in everything we do!
We have to be "all in" to succeed. Graduation is our capstone and in order to succeed, each and every student must commit 100%.
EVERY CHILD NEEDS AN ADVOCATE
Each student needs a strong adult connection that teaches and promotes them to be the best they can possibly be.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
We are all in the boat together, working towards a common goal.
- The Boat: This is the foundation that represents our core values, personal sacrifices, and what each member contributes so we don't sink.
- The Oars: Rowing together represents the energy and passion in life. It's what we bring to the team - high energy, upbeat enthusiasm, and unwavering dedication.
- The Sails: These guide us in the direction we are headed. We know our destination through our vision and determination, and we use this as guidance to achieve our goals.